In his letters, Paul writes rather blatantly that Jesus is God in some sense. Right?
• …Rom 9:5 — “Christ, who is God”
• …Phil 2 — “in the form of God”
• …2 Pet 1:1 — “Our God and savior, Jesus”
• …Titus 2:13 — “Our God and savior, Jesus”
Paul unmistakably implies that Jesus is God, by taking Old Testament descriptions, roles and properties of God and applying them to Jesus.
• …Paul used “Lord” in the YHWH-sense to designate Jesus.
• …Paul uses OT descriptions about God to describe “Lord” Jesus.
• …Paul inherited prayers to Jesus and taught others to use them.
• …Paul said people were “in Christ” (and God).
• [More forthcoming.]
The various Greek churches that Paul planted and/or pastored believed that Jesus was Good.
• The authorities behind Paul's churches taught it.
The church lead by the apostles in Jerusalem publicly maintained that Jesus was God.
• …they taught prayer to Jesus.
• …Peter did