In his letters, Paul writes rather blatantly that Jesus is God in some sense. Right?
After all, he says so in…
• …Rom 9:5 — “Christ, who is God”
• …Phil 2 — “in the form of God”
• …2 Pet 1:1 — “Our God and savior, Jesus”
• …Titus 2:13 — “Our God and savior, Jesus”
Paul unmistakably implies that Jesus is God, by taking Old Testament descriptions, roles and properties of God and applying them to Jesus.
This article analyzes four evidences,...
• …Paul used “Lord” in the YHWH-sense to designate Jesus.
• …Paul uses OT descriptions about God to describe “Lord” Jesus.
• …Paul inherited prayers to Jesus and taught others to use them.
• …Paul said people were “in Christ” (and God).
• [More forthcoming.]
The various Greek churches that Paul planted and/or pastored believed that Jesus was Good.
• Paul’s letters assume they believe it.
• The authorities behind Paul's churches taught it.
The church lead by the apostles in Jerusalem publicly maintained that Jesus was God.
• …they designated Jesus as κύριος in the YHWH-sense.
• …they taught prayer to Jesus.
• …Peter did