Paul was very intentionally set on learning the details Jesus's life on earth. [Full article.]
• …examples abound of Jesus biography Paul wanted to know.
• …Paul had clear reasons to want to know Jesus biography
In Galatians 1:18, Paul reports that he “stayed with him [Peter] fifteen days” to get acquainted with Peter as an apostle and eyewitness of Jesus.1
• ...this is the information Paul needed most.2
• ...that is the information Peter (a fisherman) had which the learned Paul would deem valuable; not much else.3
• …maybe Paul was lying.4
• Richard Bauckham: “It is very notable that in Galatians, even in the context of Paul's strong concern to maintain the independence of his apostleship from Jerusalem, he admits that three years after his call to be an apostle he did visit Jerusalem and spent two weeks with Peter (Gal 1:18).” [Jesus and the Eyewitnesses 2nd ed. (Eerdmans, 2007), 266.]