Most of us have been visited at our door by the young bicycle-riding Mormons, with their white dress shirt, tie, and “Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints” name-badge. They are Christian-sounding enough, so why are they under the cult section of every Christian bookstore? What do they teach? You might be surprised.
Regarding GOD, Mormonism teaches…
• God is just one of countless similar gods
• God started as a mortal on another planet
• God earned Godhood (worshipping his god etc.)
• God is still spatial, and made of flesh/bone.
• God still has his wife/wives (now goddesses)
• God sexually procreates with her/them1
[Note: 1-6 apply to all gods in Mormonism.]
• We all started as God's and his wife's ethereal children
• You, me, Jesus, Satan are thereby siblings (from heaven)
• We were obedient, and so were born into human bodies
• God had sex with Mary to impregnate her with Jesus's spirit1
• Jesus probably had multiple wives1 (which allegedly “isn't” immoral)
• Good Mormons turn into Gods too, with their own planet
• The Bible is corrupt.
• The Bible's words (for example, “salvation”) does not mean what you think.
• The Presidents of Mormonism are modern-day prophets.
• “The Book of Mormon” etc. are scripture.