Since AD 30, the Jerusalem church was saying the risen Jesus appeared to the Easter women—including Mary.
But no, Plausibly…
• It is an evolved angelophany.
• Mary is absent in sources that would’ve mention her.
But so what?
• They misrepresented the relevant witnesses (i.e. Mary)
The Gospel reports adeptly relayed Jesus-bio only from eyewitness testimony (directly or indirectly).
• The Gospels checked info with 1st church.
• The Gospels claimed to use witnesses.
• The Gospels strove to be witness-based. • In AD 30-70 Mediterranean, truth predominated.
• Gospels circulated dissimilar Jesus-bio.
• Christian Jesus-Bio was honest (non-fabricated).
• In general, early Jesus-bio accounts relayed witness testimony