Examples exist where Paul writes of Jesus, “the Lord said” etc. and quotes him.
• …ministers being paid wages2
• …ceremonial cleanliness5
• …being vigilant in light of the 2nd coming6
• …the 2nd coming resembling a thief in the night7
In the same breathe (Romans 13:6-9), Paul quotes two very different things Jesus said on different occasions.
Examples show Paul echoing sayings of Jesus1 This is relevant because these sayings are generally teachings of Jesus
Paul aimed to teach Jesus what Jesus taught
• …Paul believed he was divinely commissed by Jesus.
• …Paul believed Jesus was God.
• …Paul can lament not having words of Jesus to share on issues.1