The AD 30 Jerusalem Church’s official position was that Joseph entombed Jesus.
The belief that Joseph entombed Jesus remained uncontested.
Joseph buried Jesus in a tomb. This is relevant because it entails that he placed Jesus's body in a tomb.
Non-disciples oversaw and dealt-with Jesus's corpse.
• …Joseph of Arimathea was not a disciple or anything.
• …Acts 13:29 says Jesus's accusers buried him.
• …Jn 19:31 suggests Romans gave it to the Jews.
• …Dialogue with Trypho 97:1 says “they” buried him.
Tomb-type burials were almost always love-motivated (done by friends/family/disciples).
• …burials in general were normally love-motivated.
• …tomb-type burial would tend to be gratuitously expensive if not motivated by love.
• …Tomb-type burials in Jerusalem were cheaper and easier.1
• …Joseph sufficiently respected Jesus.2
• …Joseph sufficiently cared for Jesus; he was a follower.
• …Joseph was in a rush [See above]
• …Joseph felt it would be easier (instead of digging a trench grave).