Among the evidences this page will go into:
- They were an hierarchically organized (e.g. well-networked, universally meeting on Sundays, sharing teachers and letters, reciting identical creeds).
- The church fathers say and presuppose it.
- The book of Acts says and presupposes it.
- Paul's letters say and presuppose it.
- The author 1 Peter 2:17 suggests it.1
- Early Christians saw the apostolic/Jerusalem church as the authoritative nexus (forthcoming at /early-christians/believe/1st-church/are-authorities).2